2 Ziploc Microwave Steamer bags (Not required, but saves time! You can find these in the food storage area at: Fred Meyer, Top Foods, Walmart, and Safeway)
¼ c. fresh salsa
1 large head of cauliflower, mashed with 6 cloves garlic
4 medium size sweet potato, hashed or diced into small pieces
3 – 4 roma tomatoes, diced
3 avocado, diced
1/2 head romaine lettuce, diced
1 14oz can sliced black olives
2 lbs 85% grass fed ground beef or use lean ground chicken or turkey
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 Tbsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
1-2 Tbsp cotija Mexican cheese (found more commonly at a Mexican store. Feel free to omit if you are trying to be dairy free!)
1. Chop cauliflower into pieces using the entire head. Place inside a Ziploc steamer microwave bag along with the garlic cloves and microwave until very soft (about 6-8 minutes/see bag for cooking times).
2. Meanwhile, season meat in a non-stick skillet with all of the spices (chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, smoked paprika, cumin, chipotle chili powder, salt, and pepper) until lightly browned or cooked through. Note: If using lean ground chicken or turkey as it is very low in fat, in order to maintain some moisture while cooking drop a little coconut oil in the skillet before dropping the meat in.
3. While the meat rests, mash up the garlic and cauliflower together (add a dash of sea salt). For the quick and easy way to do this, just throw it all in a food processor/blender for a couple cycles around (maybe 5 seconds) and it will be ready.
4. Sauté hashed sweet potato in fat/seasonings left over from sautéing the ground beef or chicken or turkey. For the quick and easy way to do this, just throw the sweet potatoes into a Ziploc steamer microwave bag and microwave until soft (about 5-7 minutes/see bag for cooking times).
5. Have the salsa, olives, and cheese ready and prep the tomatoes, lettuce, and avocado by dicing them into pieces.
6. Layer your salad in your own deep dish salad bowl! This recipe makes about 4 – 6 big and very filling servings. Start with 4oz. of the meat for a full protein serving and layer the rest as follows: cauliflower/garlic mash, sweet potatoes, salsa, lettuce, black olives, tomatoes, avocado, and cotija Mexican cheese. Enjoy!