Asian Style Quinoa Mix – Side Dish
1C. Red or Brown or Tri Color Quinoa
1 ¾ C. Water
¼ C. Braggs soy flavored branch chain amino acids
½ C. Peas
½ C. Shredded Carrots
½ C. Raw Slivered Almonds
1. In a medium-sixe pot, mix water, Braggs, and quinoa.
2. Bring to boil on stove top.
3. Once to a boil, put lid on pot and turn stovetop down to low/simmer.
4. Cook for 15-25 minutes or until done. You know when it is down when all water down to bottom of pot is gone. And just the quinoa remains. Check it at 15-20minutes to make sure, so it doesn’t over cook or burn.
5. Toss with pre-steamed peas, shredded, carrots, and slivered almonds. You can even add some water chestnuts and scrambled egg to make it a substitute for fried rice!