8 oz. organic baby carrots
16 oz. parsnips (slice one vertically, then chop into large chunks)
1 sweet potato (peeled and chopped into large chunks)
2 lbs. grass-fed beef stew meat
1 tsp. minced garlic
16 oz. sliced mushrooms
1 sliced onion
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. Himalayan pink sea salt
1 tsp. paprika
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 TBSP. Braggs coconut aminos
2 TBSP. red wine (substitute 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar or coconut vinegar)
1 TBSP. Dijon mustard
1 C. water
- Layer the bottom of a slow cooker with approximately half of the carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes, and onions.
- Layer 1 pound of the meat on top of that, then create another layer, starting with the minced garlic and adding half the remaining vegetables and mushrooms.
- Add the second pound of meat, the spices and rosemary.
- Add in the coconut aminos, the wine (or vinegar), and the Dijon mustard.
- Finally, add the remaining vegetables and pour in the water.
- Set the slow cooker on low for six to eight hours. Rule of thumb: The longer the stew simmers, the more mature its flavors become.
Serves about 8, 339 calories, 24 grams protein, 21 grams carbs, 4 grams fiber 17 grams fats.