Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes approximately: 1 1/4 cups
1 cup raw sesame seeds
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 lemons, juice of
1 tbsp. garlic powder OR 6 cloves fresh garlic, peeled
1/2 cup water
Sea salt to suit taste
- Bake the sesame seeds at 350 F. for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately pour into your blender (or food processor) while the seeds are still hot.
- Blend until it gets thick and sticks to the sides.
- Add in all other ingredients and blend until you have a smooth sauce.
- Transfer to a storage container and chill for at least 2 hours so it can thicken.
(Data is for 1/4 cup. Recommended serving size = 2 Tbsp. (or half of the 1/4 cup)
Total Fat: 16 gm
Saturated Fats: 2 gm
Trans Fats: 0 gm
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 8 mg
Carbohydrates: 6 gm
Dietary fiber: 3 gm
Sugars: 1 gm
Protein: 5 gm