Homemade Roasted Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce
-8-10 large tomatoes
-2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
-5 large basil leaves
-6 cloves of garlic
-salt (to taste)
-pepper (to taste)
1. First, preheat oven to 400F and lightly spray a cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Next, prep tomatoes by cutting them in half and placing them in baking sheet facing up. Drizzle with EVOO and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place fresh basil leaves and garlic in same pan.
4. Roast at 400F for about an hour or until the tomatoes begin to brown.
5. Once cooled a bit, place everything into a food processor (basil and garlic included!) and process until smooth. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.