For the meatballs –
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or chicken
- ¼ small red onion, minced
- ½ red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ jalapeño, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Add sea salt and pepper, to taste
For the sauce –
- 1 avocado
- Handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ jalapeño, minced
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 – 4 Tbsp. low-fat Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish with olive oil or coconut oil.
- Place all ingredients for the meatballs into a bowl and use your hands to mix the mixture together.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out each meatballs and form into balls. This should make about 18 small meatballs.
- Place each meatball into the greased baking dish, side by side. It’s ok if they are touching. Put in oven to bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While the meatballs cook, create the dipping sauce by placing everything for the sauce into a food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Dip meatballs into the sauce.