1 cup Organic unsalted peanut butter or almond butter
1 Large egg
1 Egg white
2 tbs. Applesauce
1/4 cup Vanilla protein powder
1 cup organic Old fashioned oats (use gluten free if sensitive)
1/2 cup Baking stevia OR 1 cup sweetener of choice that measures like sugar
1/8 tsp. Sea salt
1 tsp. Baking soda
2 tbs. organic mini dark chocolate chips
The estimated time to make this recipe is 15-20 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line sheet pan with foil, and spray with non-stick spray, (or line with parchment paper).
2. Microwave peanut butter in for 30 seconds, or until softened, which will make it easier to mix. In a medium bowl, mix together the first four ingredients until smooth. In a separate bowl, mix together the rest of the dry ingredients. Combine the wet and dry ingredients together. (Add chocolate chips if desired).
3. Moisten hands (to prevent from sticking), and roll cookie dough into balls. Use a fork to press a criss-cross into each cookie. Bake 8-10 minutes. Let cookies cool, and enjoy!
Additional Baking Notes:
1. For a ‘smooth’ batter, use 1 cup oat flour instead of using oats in original form. Make your own oat flour by grinding the oats in a blender or food processor until fine.
2. I used NuNaturals More Fiber Stevia Baking Blend. If using packets of stevia, I recommend using about 8-12, or adjust according to taste.
24 Cookies (or 12 large cookies)
85 Calories per Cookie
6 g Fat per Cookie
7 g Carbohydrate per Cookie
1.5 g Fiber per Cookie
0.2 g Sugar per Cookie
7 g Protein per Cookie